Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Meet Your Local Business: Rock Your Age (Powered by Isagenix)

Things that make you go hmmm.....Health

One can of soda contains 10 teaspoons of sugar and the average American adult drinks 500 cans of soda every year, estimating about 52 pounds of sugar consumed in soft drinks alone.


Rock Your Age
15180 Edgewater Circle NE
Prior Lake, MN 55372
(612) 345-0225   

To prove that 50 is the new 30, central casting was looking for the most fit, energetic and beautiful grandma they could find.  As it turns out, it’s a role perfectly suited for Prior Lake fitness guru, Barbara Server.  Barbara had just turned 50 and was 25 pounds over weight and seeing that her mother was considerably more overweight than her, she decided that she was going to take back her life and regain her health.  There was a fiery determination to turn it all around.

She had to look no further than her own determination and a $2 billion dollar health and wellness company to begin her journey.  The company, Isagenix, was a perfect match for her.  Both of their stated goals are fairly simple; to help create the healthiest people on the planet and to have FUN along the way.  Aligning herself with a company like Isagenix motivated Barb even further to have a profound impact on people as not only a nutrition coach but a marketing professional who could make a difference in not just one’s physical health but one’s financial health as well.

“My family has a health history that began to worry me.  I was watching my mother dealing with obesity, high blood pressure and heart disease.  In fact, a few years ago I was diagnosed with high thyroid and I’m now on medication for that.  But the diagnosis pushed me, it motivated be to transform myself.  I found the gym and when I found Isagenix I had the tools to make the kind of radical change I needed to make.  It was this lifestyle change that committed me to start a business where I could help other people make the same transformation.  I knew that I could make a difference in so many ways.”


Rock Your Age is a great example of someone walking the talk.  Barb and fiancĂ© and business partner, Randy Busch look the part.  They personify fitness.  They embody motivation and generosity.  What is immediately apparent when talking with Barb is the passion.  It’s contagious.  “In life, if we can find we are passionate about, it fuels us and fills us up in ways that cannot be measured.”  Her love for competing in fitness competitions, educating and mentoring customers are the two elements that define her career today.  Now, add in her grandchild, daughter Samantha and Randy and you have the makings for a healthy and wonderful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment