Sunday, September 29, 2013

Meet Your Local Business: Kelly's Confectionary Creations

Kelly's Confectionary Creations
9400 138th St W
Savage, Minnesota 55378
(612) 310-1548
http://kellysconfectionarycreations.com

Kelly’s Confectionary Creations sounds nice to the ears and rolls off the tongue even nicer.  Kelly Irvin Richtarich is entrepreneur behind this thriving business of cakes, cupcakes and cake pops.  And judging by how busy this young woman is nowadays, we would have to say that things are not only looking good, they taste good as well.

Her Confectionary Creations began as a home business just baking things for friends and family.  Apparently when the enough people had been impressed with the baked goodies, the impetus was there to take it to the next level.  She attributes “thoughtful prayer and support of family and friends” when she decided to get her Bakers license and “make this whole idea, my business.”  She says, “it’s been an exhilarating roller coaster and I’m continually learning and being challenged every day.”  She of course went on to take a Manager’s Certification course and subsequently obtain her bakers license. 

“My daughter and I were grocery shopping one day and picked up a Woman’s Day magazine with a really cool cake on it that we just had to have for her birthday (10 months away!). Problem?  I had no idea how to go about making it. Solution? A dear friend of mine knows how to decorate cakes so I called her and asked her to teach me. I have to tell you it was like a whole new world had been opened up just for me! Frosting, decorating tips, edible spray paint, gels, using crackers and candies to make decorations… the possibilities were endless and I couldn’t have been more excited! Our cake was admired by all the party attendees and was a huge success! Everyone loved it! I didn’t want to cut into it but we did and it tasted as good as it looked!”

Kelly seems like one of those entrepreneurs who have mastered the art of balance.  She and her husband Tony have two children, Adrian and Riley.  “I’m married to a wonderful and supportive man”, she says, “and he is my biggest cheerleader.” 


As busy as she is today, her workload shows no sign of easing up soon.  She has nine weddings to prepare for before the end of the year.  “Cake just makes people happy”, she says.  “My favorite part of this business is seeing people’s reactions and hearing their wonderful stories.  I’m always so honored when someone asks me to create something for his or her special celebration.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment